We’re excited to announce that we have been named by CB Insights to its Fintech 250 list, which highlights the leading fintech companies from across the globe that are working on “groundbreaking financial technology.”
The Fintech 250 are selected based on a number of factors, including data submitted by the companies and the company’s Mosaic Score, CB Insight’s proprietary algorithm that measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies.
We, of course, appreciate that the list compilation was data-driven!
“The financial services industry will see more change in the next 10 years than it has in the last 100. And that transformation is being driven by a group of smart insurgent startup companies. The Fintech 250 are the most promising of these insurgents. They are bringing emerging technologies and business models to financial services that will permanently change the way we handle money and do business,” said CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal in a press release.
Some of the big names on the Fintech 250 include Addepar*, Affirm, Betterment*, Credit Karma, Funding Circle, Klarna, SoFi*, and Wealthfront*.
You can see the full 250 here.
* Denotes a Quovo partner
Quick facts on the Fintech 250:
- These 250 emerging private companies have raised $14B across 240 deals in 2016.
- Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in insurance, lending, payments, human resources, real estate, and much more.
- More than 2,000 companies were nominated or applied for the Fintech 250 (only 8% were selected).
- Ribbit Capital has backed 17 of the Fintech 250 companies, while Andreesen Horowitz and Goldman Sachs backed 9.
- Twenty-three Fintech 250 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more.
- 23 countries are represented among the Fintech 250 companies.
Want to see how the Quovo API suite can benefit your business?